You stumble upon a new-to-you blog, you start reading a post and 15 seconds into it, you get a pop-up to sign up for their newsletter. You like what you see so far, so you do it.
And then you check your e-mail. And find e-mail after e-mail from them. Buy this e-book. Buy that e-course. Read this post & this post & this post…all on their blog.
I have no problems with self-promotion. I’m terrible at it but thumbs up for those who aren’t! Seriously. I just don’t like a lot of e-mails from blogs, particularly when it feels like I’m just a customer to them.
But I’ve had this idea for awhile of setting up a newsletter. I didn’t want it to be like that, though. And not any of the other stereotypes of newsletters you may have. I wanted it to be someplace else I could share items of interest–articles I read, recipes I tried, new products. I tried a couple options that I shared on my Facebook page (if you don’t follow me, please do!) but I didn’t love them.
So I’m waving the white flag of surrender and setting up a newsletter to go with my blog & YouTube channel. It will give me the flexibility & control I want in order to make the type of newsletter that I would want to read.
What should you expect?
- Once a month I will send out a themed newsletter.
- Contents will be a bit like my blog & channel–a bit of homeschool, a bit of food, a bit of home, a bit of travel, a bit of military—something for everyone!
- You’ll find links to recent or relevant blog posts of mine or YouTube videos.
- More importantly (and more abundantly), I’ll share relevant links to some of my favorite bloggers & YouTubers.
- Your e-mail address will never be sold or given away.
- Now and then, I may send out other e-mails that highlight a time-sensitive item (sales, giveaways, etc.)
- Some newsletters may have (clearly marked) affiliate links. Purchases made through affiliate links cost you nothing and help to support my blog, my channel & my family.
- If in the future, I have a product to sell or some other promotion I think you may like, I will include it.