I love to see what others’ are watching on Amazon & Netflix, particularly the shows that are more obscure or don’t show up in the trending section. So here are a few of the items in my streaming queues to go along with my favorite Christmas movies video.
**Some of the following links are affiliate links. This Life of Ours is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. **
Amazon Instant Prime
I am always up for a great, cheesy Christmas movie. (Well, cheesy made-for-TV movies in general! Lifetime movies used to be a weekend constant for me.) So, when I saw Christmas Oranges on Amazon, I knew it needed to go into my queue. With 4.5 star average & 300 reviews, I figure it has to be at least worth beginning.
And again with the cheesy Christmas movies, Christmas Lodge will make it’s second appearance on my television. As with most movies in this genre, you’ll need to overlook some glaring faults and embrace them instead. 1200 reviews & 4-star rating, it’s a good one to watch while you’re wrapping presents.
I love watching Christmas episodes of some of my favorite TV shows. In addition to the Wonder Years episodes I mentioned in my video, here are a few more of my favorites.
- Cheers Season 6: Christmas Cheer (Cheers is also on Netflix)
- Family Ties Season 1: A Christmas Story
- Andy Griffith Show Season 1: The Christmas Story (Also on Netflix)
- Twilight Zone Season 2: The Night of the Meek (If you’ve never watched this show, give it a try! I liked it far more than I expected.)
- MacGyver Season 5: The Madonna
- How I met Your Mother Season 2: How Lily Stole Christmas
Trading Places is another movie in our queue because of my husband. He loves it, so we watch it every December.
The classic White Christmas starring Bing Crosby & Danny Kaye is a movie I’ve only come to appreciate in the last few years.
And a few TV episodes
- West Wing Season 1: In Excelsis Deo will go down as one of my all-time favorite episodes of any television show. That was the episode that sealed my love for the show. Season 2’s Noel is also an excellent one to watch.
- M.A.S.H. Season 9 brought us Death Takes a Holiday which may go down as my second favorite. (Here are a few more.)
- Friends Season 7: The One with the Holiday Armadillo
I also have a kids’ queue post if you’re looking for ideas for your children.
Now, you should be all set for the rest of the month! Have a recommendation I left off? Comment below!